Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#99723 by jb82
Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:41 pm
I have just today activated and set up my ooma telo. Everything seems to work just fine. However randomly the blue status light blinks red/blue once every minute or two with an associated beeping noise. It is driving me nuts.

I have AT&T uverse with their standard 2wire router/modem.

My set up is a port splitter with a standard landline going out of the phone jack then the dsl line goes into my router. There is an eternet connection from the router to the ooma. Then a second phone for the ooma from the ooma's phone jack.

Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?
#99731 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 pm
jb82 wrote:I have just today activated and set up my ooma telo. Everything seems to work just fine. However randomly the blue status light blinks red/blue once every minute or two with an associated beeping noise. It is driving me nuts.

I have AT&T uverse with their standard 2wire router/modem.

My set up is a port splitter with a standard landline going out of the phone jack then the dsl line goes into my router. There is an eternet connection from the router to the ooma. Then a second phone for the ooma from the ooma's phone jack.

Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

First:
Can you hear the Ooma dial tone with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo phone port?

Remove power from the Ooma Telo and then repower the Ooma Telo.

If the Red/Blue flashing light continues after the Ooma Telo reboot, the Ooma Telo may be defective.

Contact Ooma Customer Support to get a replacement Ooma Telo. Shipping is prepaid, with a return prepaid shipping label for the defective Ooma Telo return. Or take it back to the place where you purchased the Ooma Telo for a replacement. If you take it back to th place where you purchased it, don't Activate the replacement Ooma Telo online. You have to call Ooma Customer Support had have them tranfer your Ooma Profile.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST