Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98970 by Lord Vader
Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 pm
I currently have a 630-XXX-XXXX number as my main telephone #. I also have an 832-XXX-XXXX as my free secondary number. I'll be moving shortly into the 832 area code and wanted to use that as my primary number, with my current 630 one becoming my secondary one. Right now, when I call people my main home 630 # shows on their caller ID. If I want my 832 # to show, I have to preface each call with the **1. I don't want to do this anymore, so I just want to know how I can make all my calls generate from my present 832 secondary line, turning this line in to my main one.
#98972 by murphy
Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 pm
Under Preferences -> Privacy in your my.ooma account you can set the default outgoing phone number.

Otherwise you would have to call Customer Service and ask them to switch the numbers.
#98974 by Lord Vader
Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:57 pm
Ah, OK. I looked around but obviously didn't see that section under privacy. Thanks for the help.

I'm wondering if one has to give this time to "take," so to speak. I did the change and waited a couple minutes, dialed my mobile #, but my current 630 # still shows as the one from which I'm dialing. I may have to end up calling customer service.