Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#98338 by andymil
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:48 pm
Anyone having trouble calling in to the ooma home phone but can still call out it says non working number :cry:
#98339 by andymil
Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:06 pm
I recycled the power a second time this occured after a bad storm.......ooma pluged into UPS but was still affected internet wasnt..........I cycled power twice second one fixed it :D
#98349 by EX Bell
Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:52 am
I always cycle power for at least 2 minutes. This amount of time is a recommendation I've received from more than one Ooma support tech. Some on the forum recommend an hour or in certain cases, longer. However, I have always used the 2 minute rule and for me, it has always resolved issues like you experienced.
#98457 by tekram
Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:49 am
Newbie here but we have had the Ooma since March 2009. No premier subscription.

The unit has function well over the years, but can no longer receive call ins; call out works. No amount of reset can bring the function back - multiple cycles of off > 5 minutes (& > 12 hours) and reset routers and switches. There are no indicator lights of any sort that is remains on with the Ooma. The Scout does not receive call ins either.

Are there any network setting on the Ooma server end that can cause this?
#98459 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 am
tekram wrote:Newbie here but we have had the Ooma since March 2009. No premier subscription.

The unit has function well over the years, but can no longer receive call ins; call out works. No amount of reset can bring the function back - multiple cycles of off > 5 minutes (& > 12 hours) and reset routers and switches. There are no indicator lights of any sort that is remains on with the Ooma. The Scout does not receive call ins either.

Are there any network setting on the Ooma server end that can cause this?

Have you tried a reset of the Ooma Hub?

Notice that you can do a factory reset of the Scout also.

See these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8124&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4557&p=32600&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout#p32600
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2704

Did you do the factory reset for the Hub, then the Scout:

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

Also:
Connect a different corded phone to the Ooma Hub phone port, then test.
#98460 by tekram
Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 am
Thank you for the quick responses. This setup we have is with Bellsouth/AT&T basic local service, original line and number kept alive because originally we needed Bellsouth phone line in order to have DSL internet. We still have the DSL and the local service.

As to the caller experience, they will just hear the phone ring forever.

I did try the factory reset one time and it did went on quite a bit with the light show after power off/on -holding Ooma tab 30 seconds. It didn't restore any new function, same as before.

Thank you and I will try the reset a few more times. For the moment, we are having to plug in another set of cordless phones into the wall/AT&T directly and hear the phone ring that way and pick up.
#98462 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 am
tekram, seems like you are running your Hub in landline integration mode right?

Did you change walljack where Hub gets landline dialtone from to the "wall" port? Did you have a DSL filter before but now don't?
#98480 by tekram
Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm
lbmofo wrote:tekram, seems like you are running your Hub in landline integration mode right?

Did you change walljack where Hub gets landline dialtone from to the "wall" port? Did you have a DSL filter before but now don't?

Thank you. You are correct that it is in landline integration mode. Nothing has changed regarding the wall port and DSL filter. We did have a lightning strike recently nearby and there is always a possibility of some damage to the Ooma or the DSL filter. There is a single DSL filter for the incoming Bellsouth phone line and I will change that and see if it matters.
#98556 by Pipsel
Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 am
lbmofo wrote:tekram, seems like you are running your Hub in landline integration mode right?

I hope this is a joke. Honestly guys, this stuff should just work! Without rebooting, pulling out wall port and other crap.
What a joke.