Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#96646 by drchipster
Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm
I currently use Ooma (basic package) for my home office. I have a Plantronics wireless headset CS55 connected to an AT&T 2-line wired phone which is connected to the Ooma telo. Since I spend a lot of time on long conference calls, with this wireless headset I'm not tethered to the phone and can walk around while on the phone. I have a separate land line for my home phone. I'm thinking of getting the premier package and port my home number over and eliminate the land line. I want to dedicate one number as my home office number and the other one my home number. When people call my home office number, only the home office phone should ring. I understand I need to buy an Ooma telo handset, configure it as a personal device and assign a number to it. Can I hook up the Plantronics wireless headset CS55 to the telo handset? The Ooma telo handset is simply a cordless remote with the telo as the base. There's no phone jack on it to connect the wireless headset.
CS55 wireless headset: http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/cs55
#96649 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm
drchipster wrote:I currently use Ooma (basic package) for my home office. I have a Plantronics wireless headset CS55 connected to an AT&T 2-line wired phone which is connected to the Ooma telo. Since I spend a lot of time on long conference calls, with this wireless headset I'm not tethered to the phone and can walk around while on the phone. I have a separate land line for my home phone. I'm thinking of getting the premier package and port my home number over and eliminate the land line. I want to dedicate one number as my home office number and the other one my home number. When people call my home office number, only the home office phone should ring. I understand I need to buy an Ooma telo handset, configure it as a personal device and assign a number to it. Can I hook up the Plantronics wireless headset CS55 to the telo handset? The Ooma telo handset is simply a cordless remote with the telo as the base. There's no phone jack on it to connect the wireless headset.

If you can wait that long, the second generation (HD2) Ooma Telo handsets, which should be released for sale, in a month or two, do have a phone jack.
#96667 by drchipster
Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:44 pm
thunderbird wrote:
drchipster wrote:I currently use Ooma (basic package) for my home office. I have a Plantronics wireless headset CS55 connected to an AT&T 2-line wired phone which is connected to the Ooma telo. Since I spend a lot of time on long conference calls, with this wireless headset I'm not tethered to the phone and can walk around while on the phone. I have a separate land line for my home phone. I'm thinking of getting the premier package and port my home number over and eliminate the land line. I want to dedicate one number as my home office number and the other one my home number. When people call my home office number, only the home office phone should ring. I understand I need to buy an Ooma telo handset, configure it as a personal device and assign a number to it. Can I hook up the Plantronics wireless headset CS55 to the telo handset? The Ooma telo handset is simply a cordless remote with the telo as the base. There's no phone jack on it to connect the wireless headset.

If you can wait that long, the second generation (HD2) Ooma Telo handsets, which should be released for sale, in a month or two, do have a phone jack.

Is the phone jack for plugging in the headset only? Or can I plug my AT&T phone to it? The latter is exactly what I want.
#96668 by drchipster
Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 pm
lbmofo wrote:Even with new HD2 handset, take a look at this option: viewtopic.php?t=13531#p94266

This option sounds interesting. However, I forgot to mention that I'd also like to distribute Ooma to all phone jacks in my house. If I make the telo itself a personal device and assign the home office number to it then I can plug in my old AT&T phone (with the CSS55 headset). But then I won't be able to distribute the (virtual) home phone number to the phone jacks, will I?
#96669 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:36 pm
drchipster wrote:Is the phone jack for plugging in the headset only? Or can I plug my AT&T phone to it? The latter is exactly what I want.

The new HD2 handset would have a 2.5mm headset jack. To plug a phone into a hardwired dialtone, Ooma has that kind of device in the plans too.
drchipster wrote:But then I won't be able to distribute the (virtual) home phone number to the phone jacks, will I?

The new device in the plans would help you.
#96713 by GMOOMA
Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 am
lbmofo wrote:
drchipster wrote:Is the phone jack for plugging in the headset only? Or can I plug my AT&T phone to it? The latter is exactly what I want.

The new HD2 handset would have a 2.5mm headset jack. To plug a phone into a hardwired dialtone, Ooma has that kind of device in the plans too.
drchipster wrote:But then I won't be able to distribute the (virtual) home phone number to the phone jacks, will I?

The new device in the plans would help you.

This will be a phone jack in the charging base of the HD2 or a jack on the handset itself? No word on an android app to access second phone line? Would be awsome to finally have access to two phone lines with premier without it being a hassle buying expensive hardware too. Back in the day, having two or more phone lines was a symbol of wealth :)
Today it'd just be technology putting trad. phone companies out of business. :D