Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95744 by Capt'n Bob
Thu May 10, 2012 2:55 pm
I'm new to Ooma, just ported my AT&T number, and couldn't be happier. Although I miss AT&T terribly, and find myself getting all misty a few times a day...yeah right.

Anyway, the port went great, only took a few days. The Ooma service is great, quality excellent. Even my wife likes it, which says a lot.

I've been waiting for the new Telo handset so I can enjoy the extra features it provides with my Premium account. But as we know the handset is nowhere in sight. The old model is no longer available except for a few on eBay and Amazon where private parties have jacked up the asking price to ridiculous levels.

What to do?

I've noticed that there are a number of pretty savvy users on this forum. Could one of you 'geniuses' offer up some easy hacks that would give us the equivalent of some Telo handset features while we wait for the real thing.

How about a hack that would allow us to use the second phone line with an ordinary phone. Or a way to set up a second phone as a personal device.

Anything?
#95748 by Capt'n Bob
Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm
Whoa, I finally got my head around the combo of Ooma and Bluetooth to Cell simultaneous connections in that link.

In fact a few months ago I purchased the Panasonic KX-TG7641 unit, which includes Bluetooth connection to Cellphone and "DECT 6.0 PLUS", so I'll play around with it.

But I agree, the new Telo handset will be the real solution.