Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95342 by GMOOMA
Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:54 pm
WayneDsr wrote:
flyingeddies wrote:I was just told by live chat that it'll be out in June. . . And the person I was chatting with had no idea what any of the new features would be. Fantastic. Looks like it's going to be one of THOSE types of releases. Delayed, delayed, and delayed some more. A little marketing bone for us loyal customers certainly wouldn't hurt.

I'd much rather wait and get a good product than rush it and have one that doesn't perform.

This handset is much more than a handset and I imagine it is taking a while to get the bugs out. I'll wait.

Wayne

I agree, if the HD2 is a flop that's not good. However pricing could make it a flop as well.. on a CNET interview they said the HD2 would be $59 and I've later seen rumors of it being $99-- really?! $99 for a handset?! At some point someone will reverse enginner the bluetooth functionality and be able to subsitute a tablet's bluetooth for a Telo HD2 handset if the price is too high. IMO, that's what they should have done, but they've gone down this path of increasingly expensive proprietary equipment... :(

:idea: How about this... make an ooma branded tablet mini tablet phone @ $59... also the telo is due for a refresh too (touchscreen).