Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95032 by acooke98
Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 am
So I thought everything worked fine, but I have found out that my second line which is associated with a telo handset sends all calls to voicemail if someone is using the regular line (also I cant make calls on the telo handset when someone is on the first line)

I have searched but cant seem to find anything about this problem, as it is the system is really just two phone numbers that cant be used concurrently, which basically defeats the purpose of why I have it in the first place.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

my uplink is 4.5mb
down is 33mb

router is asus black diamond
#95046 by murphy
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm
acooke98 wrote:it receives calls fine as long as no one is on the other line

Your handset is not configured as a personal device. It's still in the shared pool.
#95048 by murphy
Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 pm
lbmofo wrote:Even so, as long as acooke98 is on Premier (2 numbers), the handset should ring as part of instant second line feature right?

Yes as long as it's paired with the Telo base.
#95116 by acooke98
Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:36 am
murphy wrote:
acooke98 wrote:it receives calls fine as long as no one is on the other line

Your handset is not configured as a personal device. It's still in the shared pool.

Thats not it (checked that again to make sure, it is associated with the premier second line), maybe I should have explained that it will recieve calls when someone is not on the first phone number, but it is the only phone that will ring when its specific number is dialed and it will not ring when the first number is called so it is properly associated with only the second number
#95117 by acooke98
Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:43 am
i think I found the answer, not 100% sure yet but will confirm soon enough, it appears it has to do with the default upstream of 384k set to the ooma system, you need to change the upstream restriction to what you really have (in my case 5250k) as it will struggle with that limited bandwidth (it makes sense, but we shall see when I need to use both lines at the same time soon enough)
#95406 by acooke98
Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 am
lbmofo wrote:I was just wondering about that default upload QoS as you replied. I'd be curious to know if that was the problem and this behhavior exists with Ooma.

Yes I believe that changing the upload did fix this problem. I have been able to use both lines at once and receive calls on the second line when the first is in use (rather than having it forced to voicemail which is what was happening previously). It stands to reason that the 384k default really is only good for one line, exactly at what point you run smoothly with dual lines I am not sure (incidentally the echo issue or delay issue was also completely fixed by increasing the upload too), I just maxed mine to my tested upload speed of 5000k. Since doing so the system has worked perfectly.