Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95017 by jacque
Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 pm
Today my Telo was blinking red. I've never seen that before except during a firmware update. I waited a while to see if that was what was happening and checked the forums here. Eventually I unplugged the Telo and reset it. It booted up fine and is working again.

So, is there a way to know whether the blinking is an update that I shouldn't interrupt, or if it's a lost connection and I should reboot it?
#95019 by Leeway
Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Jacque, That happens to my Ooma often. I have mine on my desk and sitting at my desktop PC the Ooma logo blinks red all by itself seems like every couple of days. I've often checked the version but it doesn't change. I wonder if they might be fixing some little thing but not a full upgrade.

I don't have to reboot or anything, it just works after it blinks at me. For awhile I thought it was my provider or my modem or my router but I have a bunch of things going and nothing else hiccups. So now I just ignore it.

Donna
#95030 by jacque
Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 am
Thanks. I left it for a while but I didn't want my phone out of service for too long. Rebooting restored it immediately. I was just wondering if there is any visual way to tell if an update is in progress so I don't accidentally brick the Telo.
#95050 by Leeway
Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:39 pm
Hmm, well if I am talking to someone and the red Telo logo starts blinking we get cut off. It all works fine when it's blue again. I don't reboot, I just wait.

But, like you, I'd love to know what causes it when there is no update.

Donna
#95070 by aicitman
Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:19 pm
Well actually, during an update the ooma logo blinks purple, not red. (Aside from the fact that ooma didn't distribute any updates for almost 3 months already.) The ooma blinking red means that it's not connected to the ooma server. You can get a drop of details by looking at the other light that are lit. If the 1 and 2 are lit, it means that it can't log in to the ooma network. If the 2 lights on bottom of that are also on, it means it is having trouble connecting to the local network (or the internet).
#95087 by Leeway
Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 am
aicitman wrote:Well actually, during an update the ooma logo blinks purple, not red. (Aside from the fact that ooma didn't distribute any updates for almost 3 months already.) The ooma blinking red means that it's not connected to the ooma server. You can get a drop of details by looking at the other light that are lit. If the 1 and 2 are lit, it means that it can't log in to the ooma network. If the 2 lights on bottom of that are also on, it means it is having trouble connecting to the local network (or the internet).

Thanks!! That's the best and only explanation I've ever heard. It must be on Ooma's end because the other things talking to my router remain intact when the light blinks red.

Donna