Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#94229 by jazzycat
Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:06 am
So I have the ooma premiere service with 2 dedicated phone lines. One of them is working fine, the other one is not. No signal, and when I looked at the back of the telo, the cord that goes from the router into the telo, one side has a green light, the other has an amber light. When I try to use either of those phones, there is no dialtone, and a message says "not connected to base." This happened once before, but I don't recall what the problem was, or even if it was after I got the ooma. Any suggestions as to what to do? Thanks bunches!
#94230 by murphy
Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:42 am
There is only one phone line available on the back of a Telo. It is labeled Phone. If there is also a jack labeled Wall, that is an input jack for an integrated traditional land line. It does not provide a dial tone. If you don't still have a traditional phone company (Verizon etc.) the Wall jack is not used for anything. Current Telos do not have the Wall jack.
#94232 by jazzycat
Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:06 am
I guess I wasn't clear. The flat cable that came with the telo that goes from the router to the telo, that is plugged into the back of the telo into the "internet" plug. There are two lights, one on either side of the cable. One of the lights is green, the other one is flashing amber. It has nothing to do with the phone cord, which is plugged into the "phone" plug. If I'm still not making sense, let me know. Thanks bunches! :)
#94233 by murphy
Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 am
Those are the correct colors for the LAN cable.
They have nothing to do with phone lines.
One indicates the speed of the LAN connection and the other indicates activity on the LAN connection.