Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#93982 by shay
Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 pm
Has anyone tried to set up and use Panasonic KX-TS3282 phones with their Ooma system and specifically use the paging or extension function. Any input would be greatly appreciated
#93983 by EX Bell
Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm
I don't know if you should do that. I had a look at the manual to see what kind of phones these were and how they recommend you hook them up to allow the intercom to work. Since they seem to indicate the importance of having them both connected to the same phone line to use the intercom, I would then assume that they send out a voltage to one another to make the one phone ring the intercom on the other.

Such a voltage on the same line as your Ooma could damage it. Any connection between either of these phones and the Ooma device has the potential to damage it if the intercom page button is pressed. Of course, since I don't own these phones, it's just an assumption. Maybe someone here will have these exact phones and can enlighten us all.

I have the Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0 phones, and because they are wireless, I can page and use intercom between any of the 5 phone without fear of damage to my Telo because that function is handled wirelessly between the handsets and the base unit. Are you using two Ooma Telos or Hubs with this phone set to get two line functionality?
#93985 by shay
Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:11 pm
I'm not using the 2 line function. I just have the 2 kx-ts3282's wired in parallel currently
#93990 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm
I scanned the manual briefly. Seems like the "wired parallel" just means the phones are plugged into walljacks. How are phone jacks wired other than parallel anyway? :)

From the look of this: "DSL Internet connection and KX-TS3282B/KX-TS3282W Intercom work at similar frequencies. Please contact Panasonic at 1-800-211-PANA(7262) for special wiring configurations."

Seems like the intercom function uses HPNA signal so you can use it safely while connected to Ooma.