Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92853 by greggp
Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:07 pm
I process customer credit cards in my home office. I have never had a problem with ATT. I just pruchased a Telo.
Faxing seems to work, but I try to process a credit card, I get a "line idle" message on my credit card terminal, then a "transaction failed" using Ooma.

Will credit card processing terminals not work with Ooma?

Is this a known issue?

thanks Gregg P.
#92855 by thunderbird
Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:35 pm
greggp wrote:I process customer credit cards in my home office. I have never had a problem with ATT. I just pruchased a Telo.
Faxing seems to work, but I try to process a credit card, I get a "line idle" message on my credit card terminal, then a "transaction failed" using Ooma.

Will credit card processing terminals not work with Ooma?

Is this a known issue?

thanks Gregg P.

If *99 for Ooma Telo and Ooma Hub, or *98 for the Ooma Telo, can be added to the number that the costomer credit card machine dials, the credit card machine should work. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
#92930 by greggp
Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Thanks , thunderbird:
I looked at the bottom of my hypercom terminal and found 2 ports (both reg. phone line type ports)
1) said: pin pad, the 2nd said: serial
I connected 1 end of a phone cord into the pinpad port and the other end into a splitter on the Telo phone port
(I presently have only 1 phone number on my Telo) I then tried processing a credit card number and it worked!

Then I picked up the phone which is connected to the Telo and I was getting a fast busy signal like when a phone is off the hook.

I can't leave my system like this so instead of waiting for the credit card terminal to do an auto settlement at night I performed a manual one and it worked too. Then I just unhooked the credit card machine from the telo and my phone was back to normal again.

This work around will work for me as I just process credit cards in my home office at night from that day's invoices.
But, now I do not have to keep an ATT line just to process credit cards.
That makes 3 ATT lines I can now port over to Ooma $$$
Gregg P
#92949 by jcanavera
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm
Gregg, what is the model of your terminal? I can look at a manual and see what is the proper port to plug into. Typically credit card terminals have a jack that is labeled line. That is the connection point for a phone line. They may also have a jack marked phone. That typically allows a telephone to share a line with a credit card machine. The "pin Pad" jack, based on the T7 model Hypercom terminal is an input for a keypad device allowing a customer to plug a small numeric keypad to be used with a debit card. Recheck your unit for a port that says line. If you can't find it, give me your model number and I can check a manual online.

Jack