Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92199 by Kurtois
Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:26 am
Contacted Ooma email support twice. Incidents:
120119-000285
120122-000026

Perhaps I am not using the right words, but I am simply attempting to transfer an account balance from my prepaid account to my Ooma phone's account for use on my monthly payment. That said, the CSRs that have emailed indicate that my prepaid account will not expire, it will be safe, etc., etc., but nothing to address my question.

As far as getting a refund on the $10 Ooma app from iTunes, I realize Ooma cannot refund that money, however, they could be willing to credit $10 to my Ooma account, at the very least, OR provide a refund.

The Ooma Mobile iPhone app has been a disappointment, and I have seen very little update activity (once every six months?) to date.
#92203 by Kurtois
Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am
After a call in to Ooma customer support initially getting refused a refund, and waiting on hold for roughly 10 minutes while waiting for a supervisor and not finding one available, I received a call back after an hour indicating I would receive the remaining $9 prepaid account balance as a refund.

Alot of work, but in the end, I was able to recoup my balance.

I would like for an Ooma moderator to comment if I can get a $10 refund and/or credit on the iPhone app given the trouble I have been through. I do not intend to use the app given the poor performance of it.

NOTE: I realize this is a purchase made through iTunes; given the circumstance, I would prefer to see Ooma stand behind their products and make this concession.