Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#92137 by eastmarw
Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:30 am
Has anyone in the forum ported and existing U-Verse number over to OOMA and did it have any adverse effects on your U-Verse TV and Internet service?

I am trying to determine if I should just cancel the phone portion of U-Verse and deal with the hassle of changing my number or porting my number which would be much easier.

Thanks
#92138 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 am
You can call Uverse to confirm but porting out of Uverse should not require any action from you other than initiating number port from Ooma side and keeping Uverse phone account active (do not cancel Uverse phone service while port in progress).
#92142 by eastmarw
Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 am
I just want to make sure that if I start the porting process of my existing U-Verse number, that when complete my U-Verse TV and U-Verse internet service is not in anyway interupted.
#92161 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 am
Yes, Uverse triple play should work the same way as Cable triple play. When porting number out, they just cancel the phone service without any impact to other services such as TV, internet. But you can call Uverse to confirm.
#94205 by eastmarw
Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:54 am
I am sorry that I forgot to tell you how the porting process went. Flawless! They initially stated it might take up to 6 weeks. It was ported within 2 and I had not issues with interruption of service on the U-Verse side nor did I from the OOMA side. Very smooth process.