Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91776 by techiedork
Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:35 pm
Hi, I have a Linksys Media extender (DMA2100) and noticed after plugging in my Ooma Telo, that the Media Extender was not responding. I tried unplugging the Ooma Telo and the DMA2100 started working perfectly again.

Also, I noticed that while I was running setup of the DMA2100 which was contacting another computer on my LAN, while on the phone via Ooma, every time the DMA2100 contacted the other computer on the LAN, the phone would cut out and I wouldn't be able to hear the people I was talking to - although they could hear me.

SO, there is definitely a conflict between the 2 devices on the network. Currently, I have it set up with the Telo behind the router (I couldn't have it in front of the router because I was unable to access my Webcam from outside the LAN).

Has anyone else experience this and come up with a solution? I don't want to go back to Vonage, but if I can't get both devices to play nicely, I have to get rid of the Telo!

Thank you for your help!!
#91785 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 am
techiedork:
If you are connecting the Media Extender through Wi-Fi, temporarily connect instead using a network cable from a router LAN port to the Media Extender and test to make sure that there isn't a conflict between the frequencies used by the Ooma device and the Router and the Media Extender.

Also see:
http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx? ... _EN_v1.xml
#91794 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:51 am
techiedork wrote:Thank you, Thunderbird, but both the Ooma Telo and Media Extender are wired to the switch - no WiFi being used.

Next, if you haven't done this already, reserve IP addresses, with permanent leases, in your router for both the Ooma Telo and the Media Extender, and test.