Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91471 by Leeway
Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 pm
I sat down here at my desk and within minutes had three of those annoying calls to get a better credit rating which we are all probably familiar with.

I normally just hang up and blacklist the number but in two cases I actually listened to the message. At the end they say to press a number to speak to someone now or to hit another number to end phone calls from them.

Ok, I never unsubscribe to the same type of emails on purpose because it certainly can lead to more problems.

Does anyone know if the phone 'cancel' works if I would push that button or am I going to just verify that I did listen to the message?

Thanks, Donna
#91473 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:21 pm
It might work but I've never tried "remove from list" for fear that they just confirmed a working number and sell it to others.
#91484 by rmeden
Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:02 pm
I doubt it works.

1. In most cases, these people are already violating the "do-not-call" list.
2. Could pressing "1" be interpreted as you now have a business relationship? (do-not-call exempt?)
3. You just let them know you listened to their message. That makes you a valuable number to sell!

So even if they don't call you again (they'll probably have changed company names in a week or two anyway), they'll sell your # to someone who will. Block and move on.

Robert