Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91162 by Neurorad
Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:41 pm
:? I have a new wireless adapter which will not function correctly. I am able to enter setup.ooma.com just fine, locate my network, and connect. However, when I disconnect my Telo ethernet wire from my router, the Telo light will blink red, hence the adapter will not connect the Telo wirelessly. When I reboot my Telo, the unit will reach a point of blinking red rapidly, but will not turn blue. Interestingly, if I keep my laptop connected to the Telo and turn off my laptop wireless connection, my laptop will connect to the setup.ooma.com website, but the site looks limited with limited functionality. I have a WEP connection to my router, which is provided by Verizon Fios. I have tried both the "open" and "shared" toggles to connect. Both seem to work however, I am not sure which I should be using. Any insight? I contacted customer support, but have yet to receive a solution. My guess is that the dongle is connecting, but a much too slow a speed for the Telo to operate.
#91163 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:03 pm
For the wifi configuration, "open" unless you want to spcify all MAC address of network devices that you want to allow.

Reconnecting ethernet will bring Telo back online right?

If so, go into wireless setup and make sure setup is correct, remove and setup connection again if you want.

Then after disconnecting the ethernet, just wait for a few minutes for the Telo to switch to wireless connection by itself (may take many many minutes)

For your reading pleasure: viewtopic.php?t=12539