Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#91149 by Nicksw
Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:44 pm
Was there an Ooma service outage yesterday (Christmas Day)? (Palo Alto, CA area)

My Ooma service has been working fine for months, but suddenly, on Christmas Day, I had no phone service all day - flashing red Ooma light. I tried everything I could think of: power cycled everything in different orders, bypassed the router, etc. etc. - always just got flashing red light and busy tone. The internet was working perfectly the whole time.

I searched the net (and this forum) for either outraged customers, or troubleshooting tips, but found nothing. So I assumed my box must have failed. (Naturally this would happen on Christmas Day - the one day when I really need to call my family around the world ...and a day when there's no support available.)

Later - around 9pm - I checked dialtone and everything was working again - too late to call family in the UK, unfortunately - and it's has been working normally ever since.

Did anyone else have a problem? If not, then can you explain what happened?

~N
#91152 by rmeden
Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:19 pm
I was working fine... did you lose internet access? Sometimes the flashing red Ooma is my first indication of network trouble.

Robert