Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#7884 by frenchcamp49er
Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:08 pm
niknak wrote:
...May I know why you had to call CS to get the port through..?

I remember reading that if you have overdue or other billing issues, the landline company will hold up the port

I had neither, I think with the two issues they had this week it got lost in the shuffle.
Last edited by frenchcamp49er on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#7886 by niknak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:17 pm
I agree this was a tough week, good luck!
#8069 by jmiller258
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 pm
I feel your pain I have been dealing with a ooma number porting problem since Feb 20, Now my last provider went out of business Voicewing. I am reading information on internet telling me a port can not take place with a number that is no longer active. I have called Ooma 6 times since Feb 20, I was promised on Mar 14th it would port in 9 days. Third time I have been given a Port date so I will let all no on the 23 if I will keep Ooma or not. I will get a lawyer involved in the process of getting my number back as they have caused all the delays. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
#8071 by jmassimilla
Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:35 pm
Delta 3 has your number as they handled Voicewing for Verizon. I was also a Voicewing customer. Delta 3 is still in business, so there shouldn't be any problem getting your number. A lot of times the carrier you are porting from is responsible for a lot of the delays. Believe me. Been there, done that.
jmiller258 wrote:I feel your pain I have been dealing with a ooma number porting problem since Feb 20, Now my last provider went out of business Voicewing. I am reading information on internet telling me a port can not take place with a number that is no longer active. I have called Ooma 6 times since Feb 20, I was promised on Mar 14th it would port in 9 days. Third time I have been given a Port date so I will let all no on the 23 if I will keep Ooma or not. I will get a lawyer involved in the process of getting my number back as they have caused all the delays. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
#8077 by gregg098
Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:47 pm
Im not sure whether to be happy or mad about my port. On Friday, I started getting calls on my cell phone from people saying they couldnt get through on my number being ported (was being forwarded from old provider to the temp ooma number). I gave myself a few calls and kept getting "This number is no longer in service." I called my old provider (as I had over a week until the port should be done if you count the 30 day point) and found out they ported my number out. Then called ooma and the rep was investigating and shortly thereafter I got cut off. Called back and the CS line was close since it was after 6. Great. Called Saturday morning and was told they just didnt get around to doing the work on their end to port my number so it was fixed very quickly.

So, my number ported over a week before the 30 days point, but I also had no service on that number for a full 24 hours. I never did receive any notice except that they received my LOA. I realize they had an outage and some other problems, but I paid $40 and I now have some confused relatives who think my number doesnt work. But it is working now and Im not having the issues I had with my old VOIP provider.
#8081 by WayneDsr
Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:52 pm
That sounds like a normal port to me, except for the fact it ported a bit early.
Consider yourself lucky!

Wayne
#8084 by jmassimilla
Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:23 pm
When my number ported from verizon to voicewing, my number hung in limbo for a week. All sorts of things got messed up and it took 3 months of many frustrating hours on the phone to get it all straightened out. My port to ooma took a little over 3 weeks and and its been great since. Between voicewing and ooma, there was vonage. My month and a half relationship with them was.....well, I won't even get into that!
#8425 by hwgang
Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:51 am
c_koby wrote: Its like going to a restaurant and not getting your food in a timely manner. If the server ignores you, you get mad. If the server comes and tells you about the problems in the kitchen, you may not like it, but at least you know what the problem is and can deal with it.

...by keeping on drinking... you're still hungry, you're just happier about it ;-)

Seriously, glad it is working now and I'm sorry for your understandable frustrations.

ooma is getting on top of these CS issues. The difference, for instance, in wait times went from frustratingly long to virtually non-existent in a very short time.
#8427 by gregg098
Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:14 pm
I do applaud ooma for shortening the wait time, but I think they need to focus on training the CS reps now. I had an issue the other day where *67 was not blocking my number. I needed this so my wife could call her clients without them knowing our home number. Anyways, 2 CS reps I dealt with tried to tell me that if the person has my number in their cell phone already (which my test calls to my cell phone show "Home"), then the number will show up no matter. I could not get through to them that *67 prevents the phone from knowing who the caller is and it shows up as Restricted.

I had to finally hang up and call back to talk to someone else. They did fix my problems and I thank them for that, but there are some very inexperienced reps who are just winging it for the most part.
#8429 by c_koby
Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 pm
Its been 10 days since my port and all is working as it should. OOMA is now on my good side. I will gladly recommend OOMA to any and all.

To all of you that are waiting for your ports to take place, don't waste time and energy getting upset like I did . . . it will all work out in the end.