Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88735 by menyedi
Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 am
Hello,

First let me say that I think Ooma is awesome. The voice quality is great and the price is even better. For an internet connection I have AT&T Uverse (12MB). I have a residential gateway (combined modem and router) hooked up before Ooma. Ooma feeds the telephone signal back to all of my phone jacks. This is working properly. I am attempting to get my home alarm to dial out using Ooma. My alarm company is Safetouch (based out of Jacksonville, FL) and I have a DSC 832 wired alarm. When I activate my alarm, I can see via the Ooma call logs that my alarm is dialing out. It appears to dial a primary number a few times and then a secondary number. When I contact my alarm company they tell me that they are not receiving a call from my alarm. Can anyone tell me based on the Ooma logs for the outgoing call whether or not that was a successful call? I have not been able to add the *99 prior to the phone number due to the fact my alarm company won't provide me with the installer code. I am trying to avoid paying a $75 service fee to have a technician come out and add the *99. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do next, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt