Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88567 by Venkatrr
Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm
Hi,

I am using Ooma telo hub for the last 10 months. Ooma has been working well all these days until 15 days back. Now, when I pick a call or when I make one - for the first 3-5 mins, the call quality is good and after that it gets garbled. I have not made any changes to the home network. Added nothing to add to the network bandwidth.

The Ooma is connected to the Cox modem directly and my wireless network is connected to the Ooma telo hub.

I am getting frustrated at Ooma's performance. I remove the power cable from Ooma hub and connected it back again. The problem persists.

Any pointers? If this problem is not resolved, I have to look at other options :-(

Thanks

Venkat
#88569 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm
Venkatrr wrote:Hi,

I am using Ooma telo hub for the last 10 months. Ooma has been working well all these days until 15 days back. Now, when I pick a call or when I make one - for the first 3-5 mins, the call quality is good and after that it gets garbled. I have not made any changes to the home network. Added nothing to add to the network bandwidth.

The Ooma is connected to the Cox modem directly and my wireless network is connected to the Ooma telo hub.

I am getting frustrated at Ooma's performance. I remove the power cable from Ooma hub and connected it back again. The problem persists.

Any pointers? If this problem is not resolved, I have to look at other options :-(

Thanks

Venkat

The first thing to try is to change MAC address setting from Automatic, to Use Built-In, in Oomo Setup, Network page.
If your connection is Modem-Ooma-Router, just type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens. Click on the Network tab. Go down and make Changes, then Update device, and reboot the Ooma Hub.
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from the Home port of the Ooma Hub to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn Wi-Fi off in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens. Click on the Network tab. Go down and make Changes, then Update device, and reboot the Ooma Hub.

Next:
The previous procedure usually fixes the problem that you are having. But if it doesn't, try the 20 minute power off, and then repower the Ooma Hub procedure.

Next:
If you still have problems, for a Modem-Ooma-Router connection, access Ooma Setup and set Upstream and Down Stream Quality of Service setting to 80% of the measured Upload and Download speeds, as measured by http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest. After running Phonepower Speedtest, click on the Phonepower Speedtest Advance Tab, then take the Upload and Download speeds each, times .8, and place those values in the Ooma Hub QoS blanks. Click on update device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, set the Ooma Setup QoS settings to zero.