Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#88402 by tao1
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:03 pm
So,

I am going thru the steps to get my boot failure Ooma covered under my cards extended warranty...they claim they need an Itemized repair estimate from a service provider such as the manufacturer, retailer or repair shop on company letterhead.
I have provided them with am email detailing that the unit is not repairable and advising us to purchase a new Telo unit as well as out customer service log #, but so far it has not been processed as accepted. Anyone have a way to get Ooma to supply exactly what they are looking for so I am not out the cost of the new unit - which I purchased at Costco and went ahead and bought a 3 yr square trade warrant - yes I know Costco would take it back - thank God,since this failing hardware at 14 months could get expensive! Surely other people have had to obtain the same thing to have the extended warranty applied!

Please help!!
#88427 by thunderbird
Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 am
tao1 wrote:So,

I am going thru the steps to get my boot failure Ooma covered under my cards extended warranty...they claim they need an Itemized repair estimate from a service provider such as the manufacturer, retailer or repair shop on company letterhead.
I have provided them with am email detailing that the unit is not repairable and advising us to purchase a new Telo unit as well as out customer service log #, but so far it has not been processed as accepted. Anyone have a way to get Ooma to supply exactly what they are looking for so I am not out the cost of the new unit - which I purchased at Costco and went ahead and bought a 3 yr square trade warrant - yes I know Costco would take it back - thank God,since this failing hardware at 14 months could get expensive! Surely other people have had to obtain the same thing to have the extended warranty applied!

Please help!!

An Ooma Telo that is out of Ooma warranty, is considered to be a throw away unit. There is no repair place that I know of. You could E-mail Ooma Customer Support and ask them if there is a repair or if the Ooma Telo is just a throw away unit. Then you could forward the return Ooma Support E-mail to the Credit card company, referencing your previous E-mails.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST