Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#87102 by Lord Vader
Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am
I've got Anonymous Call Block activated and my blacklists updated, but lately I've been getting numerous calls per day from 000-000-0000, and it shows on my Caller ID as "Unavailable." Is there any way to stop this number from getting through. They're known phone scammers who have a foreign-sounding accent. (They also call from spoofed numbers, including ones where they use a local number to make them seem legit. They attempt to get you to "confirm" your personal info--name, SSN, address, etc.--and get very belligerent when you don't cooperate with them.
#87105 by thunderbird
Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:15 pm
About an hour ago I had a Personal blacklist number ring through also.

I went into My Ooma and noticed that the Check Mark next Enable personal blacklist was missing. I never removed the check mark.

It had to be one of those Ooma things?

I restored the check mark, so we will see.
#87106 by lbmofo
Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm
About a week or so ago, I found my community blakclist unchecked/not enabled. Sometimes, server/background processing is messing with these settings I think. I am sure Ooma is trying to correct this so that folks' settings are not compromised.

BTW, I'd have blacklisted numbers not get the "blocked message" in case they are malicious; no need to challenge them. Other treatments are less likely to invite trouble.