Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#86369 by germ
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 pm
I have sent an email to ooma support, but they never answer. Support from ooma is atrocious.

So perhaps somebody here understands the billing for international prepaid.

I added $10 a while ago. The the call log in my ooma gives the detailed cost of each call. If I add those up, I get a total of less than $5. And yet, the system shows my balance at $1. What's going on?
#86375 by murphy
Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:28 am
The call log entries are deleted after 60 days. If you have been making calls longer than 60 days the list is incomplete.

I've never made an international call so I don't know what the summary looks like but there are two additional charges that need to be taken into account.

Calls over plan minutes, and calls to destinations not covered by the plan, are billed at Ooma's standard low rates. The rates displayed do not include a mandated Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee that changes quarterly and usually ranges from 15 to 18%. The regular connection fee of 3.9¢ is waived for subscribers of any of our International Plans.

If you are not in one of the calling plans you pay a 3.9 cent connection fee plus a FUSF fee of between 15% and 18%.
#86384 by germ
Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 am
Sorry, but that's not it.

This was in the last 30 days. The calls are all to the same number. Even if I add the 3.6c connection fee and 20$ taxes, it is still far from $10. I am being charged double.
#86408 by germ
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:56 pm
After more than 48 h since sending them an email and not getting a reply, I called them this morning.

Two courteous but inept CSRs could not figure out why my balance is off ~$5. They credited my account $10. This is nice, but gives me zero confidence that it won't happen again...