Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85764 by Wooter
Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm
I switched over to Ooma a couple of months ago and have a problem using my Vonage handsets. When I bought Vonage I received the telephone adapter and a set of cordless phones. There's a base unit which plugs into the home phone wiring and two "slave" units that get their signal from the base phone. None of these phones display caller ID information. Otherwise, they work fine. I have two other cordless handsets that each plug into the house phone wiring - one's an old GE and the other a not-so-old Uniden. These do display the caller ID information. So, the question is: Why do the Vonage phones not display caller ID? Does that work only with Vonage? Also, can you recommend a similar set of cordless phones that do display caller ID when used with a Telo? Thanks.

Edit: The Vonage phones are labled DECT 6.0. The model number on the bottom of the base unit is: MD6400.
#85768 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:46 pm
The callerid doesn't show even after a ring? Supposed to show up between 1st and 2nd ring.

What happens if you connect the base directly to Telo's "phone" port?
#85771 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:45 pm
Any DECT 6.0 phone system would do. I personally would go pick one up from Costco. Under $20 per handset is good; under $15 per is much better.