Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#85200 by sonboy
Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:30 pm
I have just hooked up my New Ooma Telo ( internet service though the cable company ), and will be using my existing landline number from AT & T. I am currently hooked up to the wall outlet and also have a handset plugged into my Telo. My account with AT & T is the basic no frills, local calling only. I have started the "porting" process. My question being: until the port is complete, can i make a long distance phone call? Seems that if I am still hooked up to AT & T, until the porting process is complete, that the phone transmission will still go back to AT & T, which means that I will get charged for a long distance call.
regards, Dave
#85202 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm
When you feed your AT&T dialtone to Ooma via the "wall" port, you are in landline integration mode. Whatever phone you got connected to the Ooma device should get the signature Ooma dialtone with music at the very beginning. In this mode, for phones connected to the Ooma device, all incoming calls and outgoing local calls (including toll free, 911) would go through your landline. Outgoing long distance calls would go through your internet (free domestic; international, you'd need some prepaid balance with Ooma).
#85223 by sonboy
Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:01 am
Thank you, thank you... You were 100 percent correct.. I had the jitters wanting to use my NEW Telo, and wondering "what if". My hat is off to this support group,and to the person that responded. Some-day I maybe able to return the favor to a needdy sole.
kindest regards, Dave :D
#85224 by highq
Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:19 am
There's no doubt a sole out there that could use some help with its soul...