Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#84536 by NewPhone
Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 am
All of sudden, I could not make calls. I got a dial tone but when I dialed a number, I got back a busy signal. Incoming calls went straight to my voice mail. Problem went away after I rebooted the Telco box. This is dangerous because I still had a dial tone and therefore I had no warning of the problem. People could not call me but I would not know because I still had a dial tone. I only became aware of the problem after I tried to make a call and got a busy signal. Right now, the problem went away after I rebooted the box. However, I am not confident that the problem would not occur again without warning. I could have missed an important call without knowing about it until after I reboot the box. How can I be better informed when something like this happens so that I can promptly reboot the box? Thanks.
#84543 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:02 pm
NewPhone wrote:All of sudden, I could not make calls. I got a dial tone but when I dialed a number, I got back a busy signal. Incoming calls went straight to my voice mail. Problem went away after I rebooted the Telco box. This is dangerous because I still had a dial tone and therefore I had no warning of the problem. People could not call me but I would not know because I still had a dial tone. I only became aware of the problem after I tried to make a call and got a busy signal. Right now, the problem went away after I rebooted the box. However, I am not confident that the problem would not occur again without warning. I could have missed an important call without knowing about it until after I reboot the box. How can I be better informed when something like this happens so that I can promptly reboot the box? Thanks.

While you were having the problem, when you picked up the phone, did you hear the Ooma dial tone or the regular dial tone?

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

The latest Ooma Telo Firmware Update 47785 is just starting to be "pushed" out to the Ooma Telo customers, by Ooma.

If you have the latest firmware update, your problem might have been caused when the latest firmware update was "pushed" out to your Ooma device. If that is the case, your problem was probably a one time occurrence; I wouldn't worry about it happening again.
#84545 by NewPhone
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 pm
Hi Thunderbird,

When I had the problem, I still heard the Ooma dial tone, not a regular tone, which in any event should never be heard on a phone connected to the Telco box.

The version number I have now is 45073. So I guess I still need to worry because the problem is not due to the pushing of a new firmware.

Thanks.
#84549 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 pm
NewPhone wrote:Hi Thunderbird,

When I had the problem, I still heard the Ooma dial tone, not a regular tone, which in any event should never be heard on a phone connected to the Telco box.

The version number I have now is 45073. So I guess I still need to worry because the problem is not due to the pushing of a new firmware.

Thanks.

It sounds like the communication between the Ooma servers and your home Ooma device had become confused. Try the following which will probably cure your problem.

Power off the Ooma device for fifteen minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and try it.
#84552 by NewPhone
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:28 pm
Thanks. Rebooting fixed the problem. However, I am not confident that the problem would not occur again without warning. I could have missed an important call without knowing about it until after I reboot the box. How can I be better informed when something like this happens so that I can promptly reboot the box? Thanks.
#84555 by thunderbird
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:43 pm
NewPhone wrote:Thanks. Rebooting fixed the problem. However, I am not confident that the problem would not occur again without warning. I could have missed an important call without knowing about it until after I reboot the box. How can I be better informed when something like this happens so that I can promptly reboot the box? Thanks.

With my experience this has only happened to me once that I recall. If you are worried, you could reboot the Ooma device periodically, which won't hurt anything. I used to reboot my Ooma Telo each Sunday morning. But that kind of got old and everything always worked anyway, so I just reboot it now when I think something seems to be a little strange, like a very low echo sound heard on my end of the phone conversation. A reboot fixes that problem every time for me. Otherwise I just leave the Ooma along, and it works great for us.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests