Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#6169 by albacore44
Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:12 pm
Hi there,

i am getting unwanted calls showing up on my phones called ID from a 11 digit phone #. It is very close to a # I have programmed into my blacklist, just 1 added digit. I can't add it to the blacklist as it only allows 10 digits. Has someone figured how to hack past your phone system. I answered one of the calls and got no answer......dead air. any Ideas ???
#6180 by Mojo
Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 pm
Right now it's an open limitation with blacklisting -- right now we only allow entries of 10 digits. We're working on correcting this issue for the next major web release (hopefully within 3-4 weeks).
#6184 by albacore44
Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 pm
Mojo wrote:Right now it's an open limitation with blacklisting -- right now we only allow entries of 10 digits. We're working on correcting this issue for the next major web release (hopefully within 3-4 weeks).

I Gotcha. what i dont understand is how they are adding a digit to their # . I blacklisted 859-283-8071. the # that is calling is 859-283-78071. how can that be ?? ohh well, I'll just push the button on the hub to send all calls direct to voicemail until your web release, unless there is way to push a button on my Uniden handset to send calls direct to voicemail ??
#6269 by hwgang
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:53 pm
I've got some odd-digit numbers that call and answer to dead air, too, and some foreign exchange numbers that don't fit our 10 digit restrictions, either. CID spoofs abound, but I can't figure out the dead air (not computer-delayed) answers. Glad to hear ooma will offer us relief, soon. Thanks.