Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#83194 by rvince
Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 am
Can I get the triple play and still use ooma?
Just get a new number for the triple play line. Only because the triple is cheaperthan just getting 2 services, and the ooma is running fine. I would let the cable company just give me a new phone number so it wouldn't affect ooma.
Just not sure how it would work over the current phone lines if I'm using them both. Most of my ooma is done on a wireless, and I have problems getting the scouts to work on most of the phone lines in the house.
Has anyone else done the ooma and internet providers phone service at the same time?
#83204 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:58 am
rvince wrote:Can I get the triple play and still use ooma?
Just get a new number for the triple play line. Only because the triple is cheaperthan just getting 2 services, and the ooma is running fine. I would let the cable company just give me a new phone number so it wouldn't affect ooma.
Just not sure how it would work over the current phone lines if I'm using them both. Most of my ooma is done on a wireless, and I have problems getting the scouts to work on most of the phone lines in the house.
Has anyone else done the ooma and internet providers phone service at the same time?

They should work together just fine, but don't use the same phone lines.

Don't connect both the Ooma and Triple Play phones to the same home telephone lines.

Use separate phones and lines.
#83209 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:38 am
rvince wrote:I have a question, can I get the triple play and still use ooma?
Just get a new number for the triple play line. Only because the triple is cheaperthan just getting 2 services.

Should be fine. The cable phone device is built into the cable modem (all cable digital voice service I've seen). Just treat that device as the modem. Using that cable phone dialtone is optional :) Here is a reply to the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11847#p83204