Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82864 by swatt2028
Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am
I received my Ooma system a week ago, and activation went fine. It has been working for the last week with no problems. Today I am scheduled to have my number ported over, and then it starts to blink red. Rebooted, switched configuration of router and telco with same problem. Telco detects internet fine in setup (did not change any settings), and just states trying to connect to ooma network. I have wireless internet service and support states that this my problem, but I run multiple lines off this internet connect with no problems. Support would not look at anything but me have wireless internet. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
#82867 by thunderbird
Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:47 am
swatt2028 wrote:I received my Ooma system a week ago, and activation went fine. It has been working for the last week with no problems. Today I am scheduled to have my number ported over, and then it starts to blink red. Rebooted, switched configuration of router and telco with same problem. Telco detects internet fine in setup (did not change any settings), and just states trying to connect to ooma network. I have wireless internet service and support states that this my problem, but I run multiple lines off this internet connect with no problems. Support would not look at anything but me have wireless internet. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Access Ooma Setup. Under Status check and see if Ooma Tunnel is connected. If not Contact Ooma Customer Service. They should be able to see and do something from their end.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#82872 by swatt2028
Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm
I think it had to do with the porting of my number today. I contacted support again and talked with someone who really wanted to help me. He contacted the porting department and after that I was connected. Very pleased.