Scout not working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
justsam

Scout not working

Post by justsam » Wed May 25, 2011 2:56 pm

When I plug in the scout, it seems to go through a diagnostic sequence of - top 2 lights on and off, then the middle 2 lights on and off but then the bottom 4 lights go on and stay red. Do you know that means and is there anything that I can do to make it stop.

murphy

Re: Scout not working

Post by murphy » Wed May 25, 2011 3:18 pm

justsam wrote:When I plug in the scout, it seems to go through a diagnostic sequence of - top 2 lights on and off, then the middle 2 lights on and off but then the bottom 4 lights go on and stay red. Do you know that means and is there anything that I can do to make it stop.
Do you have the wall port of the scout connected to the wall port of the hub with a standard phone cable?
Either directly or through the building wiring on a pair that does NOT have a DSL signal on it.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

justsam

Post by justsam » Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 pm

The light show starts whether the phone cord is plugged in or not. I have tried to plug the wall2wall cord from the hub with a new cord but it doesn't change anything.

just4fn

Post by just4fn » Wed May 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Has it ever worked? Try connecting it directy to the hub. If it still does't work it is the scout.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

justsam

Post by justsam » Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 pm

The scout worked for about 2 years. I have also heard that the bottom row of lights meant that it wasn't communicating with the hub but that the problem could lay with the hub.