Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82190 by justsam
Wed May 25, 2011 2:56 pm
When I plug in the scout, it seems to go through a diagnostic sequence of - top 2 lights on and off, then the middle 2 lights on and off but then the bottom 4 lights go on and stay red. Do you know that means and is there anything that I can do to make it stop.
#82197 by murphy
Wed May 25, 2011 3:18 pm
justsam wrote:When I plug in the scout, it seems to go through a diagnostic sequence of - top 2 lights on and off, then the middle 2 lights on and off but then the bottom 4 lights go on and stay red. Do you know that means and is there anything that I can do to make it stop.

Do you have the wall port of the scout connected to the wall port of the hub with a standard phone cable?
Either directly or through the building wiring on a pair that does NOT have a DSL signal on it.
#82202 by justsam
Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 pm
The light show starts whether the phone cord is plugged in or not. I have tried to plug the wall2wall cord from the hub with a new cord but it doesn't change anything.
#82207 by just4fn
Wed May 25, 2011 4:01 pm
Has it ever worked? Try connecting it directy to the hub. If it still does't work it is the scout.
#82211 by justsam
Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 pm
The scout worked for about 2 years. I have also heard that the bottom row of lights meant that it wasn't communicating with the hub but that the problem could lay with the hub.