Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#12779 by scottlindner
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 pm
00ma wrote:Any ideas how to get OOMA to not intercept whatever DNS urls are mapped to its WAN ip and just let it go through to the router which will forward to the webserver?

"Just" in this case is not as trivial as you make it sound. Using Ooma as your router means you loose the NAT Loopback capability you are referring to. The only way to solve it is to not use Ooma as your router.

When I did not have a router that supported NAT Loopback I manually updated the hosts files on my LAN to point to the LAN IP for the machine that hosted each domain. I had to do this for years until I bought a new router that support NAT Loopback.

Scott
#85879 by vready
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 am
I am attempting to setup port forwarding on my home network with a similar configuration to those described in previous posts.

My network currently looks like this:

I have configured port forwarding in my DSL modem and in the Ooma hub, but have not been able to get it to work.

I have also considered switching my DSL modem into Bridge Mode to disable the router/firewall features, but have not yet done so.

My ultimate goals are to:

• Forward IPSec and/or PPTP traffic to my Cisco router to enable VPN access
  • Forward HTTPS traffic on port 443 to my NAS for remote web file access
  • Forward FTP and SFTP traffic to my NAS for remote FTP file access

Anyone have and advice or suggestions of additional things to try? I want to keep the Ooma between the modem and main router in order to take advantage of the QoS feature and prioritize voice call quality over other IP traffic.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
#85881 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 am
vready, take a look at this: viewtopic.php?t=12121#p84937

BTW, I know that you must like the Ooma logo avatar a lot, just like me, but it may create unnecessary confusion for folks because that avatar is used by Moderators here.
#85935 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm
vready:
For many people with your kind of setup, they connect the Ooma device behind the router.

You may want to try the behind the router Ooma connection and see how it works out.

I have my Ooma Telos connected behind my router and they both work very well.