Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80973 by kieranmullen
Mon May 09, 2011 10:24 am
Other party has asked for an account and password.

I assume they wanted somethign other than the web interface since that is not what they are using?

I gave them the 10 digit number and said no password. Is this correct?

Thanks!
#80976 by nn5i
Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am
You'll have to ask them what they meant. In general, if someone asks for your password over the phone, you're talking to a criminal.
#80979 by kieranmullen
Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 am
Att Porting Also Requests This.

Is your Ooma accoutn number your 10 digit number?

nn5i wrote:You'll have to ask them what they meant. In general, if someone asks for your password over the phone, you're talking to a criminal.
#80990 by lbmofo
Mon May 09, 2011 2:38 pm
PIN is usually asked for in case you are porting from a prepaid cell account.
#80992 by nn5i
Mon May 09, 2011 2:47 pm
"Porting from Ooma" isn't ever the same thing as "porting from a prepaid cell account", I think.
#80994 by lbmofo
Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm
I think they were just carpet bombing.
#81284 by kieranmullen
Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 pm
Carpet bombing would require multiple similar posts to the same forum.
You post post doesn't even make sense.

Like typical forum trolls you and others dispense your opinions without any real help. Why? I have no idea. Old age? Nothing to do in the evenings?

Anyhow for anyone who finds this post in the future. There was no account number, and no pin or password to port away from ooma. I was able to port away from Ooma to Virgin Mobile within 2 days and I have been able to port to Google Voice so I can take advantage of free multi ring and voicemail transcription for free (or until they start charging anyway)

In all it was quite quick. VOIP to VOIP was never that quick. Vonage, Viatalk, Vitelity

lbmofo wrote:I think they were just carpet bombing.
#81291 by nn5i
Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm
kieranmullen wrote:Old age? Nothing to do in the evenings?

How did you know?
#81292 by lbmofo
Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm
kieranmullen wrote:Carpet bombing would require multiple similar posts to the same forum.
You post post doesn't even make sense.

Like typical forum trolls you and others dispense your opinions without any real help. Why? I have no idea. Old age? Nothing to do in the evenings?

Anyhow for anyone who finds this post in the future. There was no account number, and no pin or password to port away from ooma. I was able to port away from Ooma to Virgin Mobile within 2 days and I have been able to port to Google Voice so I can take advantage of free multi ring and voicemail transcription for free (or until they start charging anyway)

In all it was quite quick. VOIP to VOIP was never that quick. Vonage, Viatalk, Vitelity

lbmofo wrote:I think they were just carpet bombing.

Kieranmullen, unlike mine, obviously, your post contained lots of valuable info.
I'll let your own post demonstrate your rectitudinous character as well: viewtopic.php?t=9824#p68834

I look up to you like I look up to this great man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk