Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80567 by lnereson
Sun May 01, 2011 3:00 pm
Ok, my wife was dusting the Ooma Telo unit with one static dusting gloves... :shock: Now it's acting really funny.. We can make a receive calls just fine, but the buttons are unresponsive to the first touch. Sometimes If i hold the play button for a few seconds, the unit then beeps and will plays the messages. It's never beeped before nor did we have to press and hold the play button.

Did my ooma get in a weird mode or am I SOL?? I searched the forums but have not seen this discussed. Thanks for reading!
#80569 by thunderbird
Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm
lnereson:
With the latest firmware update, all of the Ooma Telo buttons beep or have voice messages.
I did notice that when the Envelope button is pushed, it takes a couple three seconds before it says "Do not disturb on" or " Do not disturb off".
Also it seems like I have to push the button slightly longer before I get a beep.
#80571 by lnereson
Sun May 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Ok, so the beep is new. But I still think I have a hardware problem. It only sometimes recognizes the play button after pressing it for several seconds. I can't even change the brightness or speaker volume. One time I tied to change the brightness and it told me, "handset paging enabled". I know I'm not fat fingering this... I used to be able to just touch any button once and it would work. I think some static from my wife's cleaning must have damaged it.. :cry: I think my warranty just expired too. Dang it.
#80575 by murphy
Sun May 01, 2011 6:03 pm
Are you using your finger tip or the flat part of your finger?
They are proximity switches and need to see a significant capacitive change to detect your finger.
They do not require any pressure at all.