Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5854 by t-win
Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:25 am
I have not had phone service for four days now. Apparently Ooma started my port from Verizon and can not get it to work on their system. I was never contacted that they were going to start my port, my phone just stopped working. I have talked to six different people now about the issue and the best response I have gotten was "we are working on it". It's now been four days without my number and we are going into the weekend. Has anyone else had a similar problem? How many days before it was resolved? Is there a possibility I will lose my number to someone else in the meantime?
#5855 by bryanlyle
Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:38 am
I hope this isn't something that is common for people porting over from Verizon. I just initiated a port from them yesterday.

One suggestion is to call Verizon and see if they can possibly put a call forward on your number to a cell phone or your ooma line in the meantime.
#5857 by t-win
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 am
bryanlyle - Thanks for the suggestion. However, when I called Verizon to see why my phone stopped working they told me I was no longer an active customer due to Ooma initiating the port.
#5859 by bryanlyle
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:36 am
Well, I think normally phone numbers do NOT get reissued immediately. So, perhaps there is a very good chance that you'll still have your old Verizon number.

Hopefully somebody from Ooma can chime in on this one to get this resolved ASAP.
#5918 by dmlaff
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:51 pm
I also had Verizon landline disconnected without my knowledge 04/02/09. Still waitng for response from 2 emails to ooma. No phone service.
#5921 by murphy
Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:10 pm
Have you turned the hub's power off and then back on since you discovered the Verizon line went dead?
#5932 by dmlaff
Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:33 am
I've tried turning hub power off and on, have restarted computer, modem and router countless times. No luck.
#5939 by t-win
Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 am
Now day five without service. Talked to a couple more people at Ooma without any resolution. Keep getting the same responses "we are working on it". Everyday they tell me I'll get an update by email, not one has arrived. Everyday I'm told that I'll probably have service by the end of the day.
#5955 by Walt
Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:14 pm
I started the porting on 3/3. Verizon says that finally they received a request from Ooma and gave them the information. That was over 2 weeks ago. The last contact I had with support was that I would be ported by the 15th of April. That's the day my Verizon VoiceWing ends. I guess they know how long they can wait and will go to the bitter end. Of course I don't see how then can port all the VoiceWing customers at once.

If it doesn't go, I guess I'll switch to Comcast. Big corporations today are a blight. Customers can only talk to the lowest of the low and they don't know much or can do much. The powers that be are in their ivory towers, oblivious to the bad will and poor service their customers receive.

I cannot see why I should get the Premium package after all the frustration I have been put through.

Walt
#56306 by etjones
Fri May 21, 2010 5:23 pm
Good evening all.

I also had my number ported from Verizon and my phone service was also canclled without my consent.

I found out today (May 21, 2010) from Verizon that my service was cancelled (without my knowledge) due to the ooma port request. The Verizon rep said I would have to initiate a new phone service set up and possibly pay a reinstatement fee.

Does this violate some kind of FCC regualations? Is this a derivitive of "Slamming?"
ooma support encouraged me to let Verizon know that it was my service and to have them remedy the problem.

Helpp!! Can anyone:

1 ...from ooma give me any further advice?
2....else on this forum give suggestions on how to remedy this with Verizon?

Thanks.