Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80128 by vicw
Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 pm
I just completed a phone number port changeover to Ooma and the 45073 Telo update this week. Everything is working fine, but I currently have the temporary number that is presumably removed showing under My Ooma/Preferences/Phone Numbers as my second number.

I'm using Premier service, and have a second number assigned, but I can't find a way to remove the temporary number, and put the assigned 2nd number in place.
#80131 by Ely
Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:04 pm
I don't believe it can be changed or removed on your own, however if you have premier (Not the trial, because with the trial you already have the second line that Premier offers as part of the package) you can go to 'Add Ons' area and add additional numbers for I believe $4.99 per month or something around those lines, otherwise you may call Ooma support and ask them to remove that number and add another one of your choice, that's again I believe one time fee of $20. don't quote me in any of this, perhaps other members can give you a better insight, I'm new like you.
#80136 by vicw
Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:44 pm
That's an interesting quirk in the service. Actually, I'd be just as happy to use that number as the one I selected, so assuming that temporary number is still actually in service, maybe I can just use it. I'll try to call it in the morning to see if it rings through, and contact Ooma to make sure everything is settled. I don't expect to pay another $20 for the luxury, since I don't really need the second number so badly anyway. If that were the case, I'd just surrender the 2nd number.
#80159 by vicw
Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am
I confirmed this morning that the temporary number that I expected to be shut down when the port was completed is still live, and the 2nd number that I was assigned with Premier service and expected to continue to use has been inactivated. The data in My.Ooma is consistent with that, so I will just leave well enough alone with that arrangement.

The temporary number that has morphed into becoming my 2nd number is just as dandy as the other one, and I haven't shared it with anyone, so no real harm done. Future customers might want to watch carefully to be sure they end up with the numbers they expect to have.

Whether I will ever actually use the 2nd number for anything remains doubtful.