Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80105 by mike.a.p
Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:05 am
I have a 2nd number set up, but I've not given it out to anyone. I seem to get junk calls or miss-dialed calls to my second number. Can I auto forward all calls to my 2nd number to always go to voicemail?
#80110 by murphy
Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 pm
Only if it has been assigned to a personal device.
#80129 by mike.a.p
Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:39 pm
murphy wrote:Only if it has been assigned to a personal device.

OK I did that, but it seems to work in reverse - assigned 2nd number to personal device (Ooma telo). But now when I call the second number it rings, but if I call the prinmary (shared) number it goes straight to voice mail - but I wanted the second personal device (/w the 2nd number) to go straight to voice mail.

And now I'm stuck - I can't reverse this by removing the personal device and 2nd number - it says the service is temp unavailable.
#80134 by murphy
Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:23 pm
Put your personal device in do not disturb mode.
If it's a Telo handset it's on the Service Settings menu.
If it's a Scout push and hold the envelope key until it turns red.

Make sure the base unit is not in do not disturb mode.
#80140 by mike.a.p
Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:26 pm
murphy wrote:Put your personal device in do not disturb mode.
If it's a Telo handset it's on the Service Settings menu.
If it's a Scout push and hold the envelope key until it turns red.

Make sure the base unit is not in do not disturb mode.

Don't have either - I set up my single Telo to add a personal device, so both numbers go through the same Telo. But as I said I can't delete this config as it keeps saying service temp unavailable when I try to move the 2nd number back to a shared device - am I and the telo confused and I need ooma support to fix it?
#80143 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:01 am
I just tried, am having same issues. Try again tomorrow.

When trying to move number assigned to Telo to shared, "service unavailable" msg comes up.
#80149 by mike.a.p
Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:59 am
lbmofo wrote:I just tried, am having same issues. Try again tomorrow.

When trying to move number assigned to Telo to shared, "service unavailable" msg comes up.

Called support this morning - problem escolated to 2nd level engineering - 1st- level can't fix it

WARNING - don't do what I did....It messes up voicemail
#80171 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:48 pm
I just tried again and it allowed me to put the 2nd number back in shared and then let me delete the Telo personal device I created.
#80172 by EA PA
Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:56 pm
lbmofo wrote:I just tried again and it allowed me to put the 2nd number back in shared and then let me delete the Telo personal device I created.

Agree - its been go no-go for a few hours now. Sometimes I get the not available message :( , then a few minutes later it takes :D . Something is happening with the service.
#80176 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:21 pm
When you assign a number to a private device, I think a number of background processes get kicked off such as creation of my.ooma.com account, vm, etc. My guess is that before these processes finish, it won't let you undo the number assignment to the private device.