Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#80002 by Ely
Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 pm
I have added an entry with our own # to the Directory of our AT&T home phone as a way to quickly and easily access Voice Mail, however whenever there are no new messages Ooma presents you the Main Menu and your messages are not automatically played, you need to press 1 etc to listen to the previously saved messages.

I want to make it easy for my parents who are a little old and who hardly understand English to access voice mail without having to press additional keys, so I would like to add a pause or delay to the auto dial so that it presses 1 for them automatically a few seconds after Voice Mail has been accessed, I know there are ways to do this on cell phones but I have no idea how to do it on home phone, is this even possible? I can't see a way to enter special characters in the phone number area of the Directory Entry, only numbers or # and * can be entered, as far as I can see.
#80004 by Ely
Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:54 pm
lbmofo wrote:For my phone model,

"Press and hold REDIAL/PAUSE to enter a three-second dialing pause"

If it doesn't work for your phone model, look for user guides here: http://telephones.att.com/att/

Thanks a million! that did it! the Redial/Pause key makes the trick, I really appreciate it.

PS: I just noticed this should have been posted in the "Calling 101 and Voicemail" area of the forum, moderators please feel free to move it :)