Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79082 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:22 pm
Yes, I saw. Seems everything is in order. You are connecting directly to your modem so there is no router issue.
When you email ntoy or bobby b, they maybe able to look at the server log and see something that we can not see.
#79084 by jdthird
Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm
Thanks for the email lbmofo, did that as well and will see the response.

I appreciate everyone's help! I've had more suggestions from the forum tonight than I had from the ooma support email system since I purchased this!

John
#79910 by jdthird
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:31 pm
Alright, got a replacement unit, working, but my scout lights all four bottom lights and won't get to the normal lights. The phone plugged into it works fine but the scout itself seems to be inoperative. Anything special I'm supposed to do to get the scout to work with the new hub? Are they paired at manufacturing and can't work with other units or something?

Thanks!

John
#79912 by murphy
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm
Is the Wall jack of the hub connected to the Wall jack of the scout?
Sit them side by side and use a direct cable to test.
#79918 by jdthird
Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm
Bingo. Never occurred to me that it might not be plugged right since the phone worked since the hub was replaced. Yep, scout uplink was going to phone jack on hub not wall jack. moved, lights are good, and phone still works.

Thanks! I just hope this hub does better than the one I got in Jan of '09 since that one never worked more than a week or two without me losing it randomly for a day or two and having to power cycle it dozens of times to beat it into submission again. :)

J