Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78757 by busman
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm
Greetings, long time user, first time poster.

I have a Ooma Hub that I've been using very successfully for several years. Earlier this week, our neighbors house took a direct lightning strike. We were the unlucky recipients of residual damage. Several things were lost including our main computer and ALL the cable company gear (we use Time Warner RoadRunner for internet) and our router. So, I just got my new computer up and running and the new router is also working. However, the Ooma Hub does not appear to want to work.

When I power it up, all the lights flash and then the 1 & 2 buttons as well as the Ooma button (top left corner) stay lit solid red.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this any further. I have a great internet connection but I suspect that the Ooma Hub is toast.

Any suggestions before I order a new Ooma?

Thanks!!
Busman
#78758 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:24 pm
Is the LED light next to "Modem" port of your Hub blinking?
#78759 by busman
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:38 pm
Is the LED light next to "Modem" port of your Hub blinking?

No it is not, there is no LED activity at all, on any port.

Busman
#78760 by busman
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:43 pm
One more thing. There appears to be no internet connectivity through the Hub. In order to get online at the moment, I have to take the Hub our of the loop. Plugging the ethernet cables into the Hub or removing them has no effect on the lights.

Busman
#78761 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm
No activity light is bad news. Try a different cable and connect modem port to modem and see if lights come back on.

Otherwise, I think your Hub is belly up.

viewtopic.php?t=11018
#78762 by busman
Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:10 pm
Thanks for the information and the link! I get nothing on the Hub so I suspect it is toast. I'll add it to the long list of things that my homeowners policy will cover.

Busman
#78770 by nn5i
Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:16 pm
Clearly something is damaged, but I'd bet on the power supply rather than the Hub. Could be either, or both, but the PS is more probable.
#78773 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 pm
nn5i wrote:Clearly something is damaged, but I'd bet on the power supply rather than the Hub. Could be either, or both, but the PS is more probable.

busman's Hub has buttons lit though.