Telo Answering machine

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
George Cole

Telo Answering machine

Post by George Cole » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:54 am

I now have my second line with a it's own ring tone. I would like this second line to have it's own answering message. Is this possible? Also how do I change the caller ID on the second line?
Thanx.."G"

murphy

Re: Telo Answering machine

Post by murphy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:01 am

The only way to do that is to set up a personal device on a Telo handset and then assign the number to the personal device.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:12 am

George Cole wrote:How do I change the caller ID on the second line?
Thanx.."G"
You can select the second number by prefixing your dialing with **1 for the second number, **2 for the third, or **3 for the forth. If you set up your second number on a handset, then you can select your first number on that device by using **0.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:18 am

southsound wrote:
Thanx.."G"
You can select the second number by prefixing your dialing with **1 for the second number, **2 for the third, or **3 for the forth. If you set up your second number on a handset, then you can select your first number on that device by using **0.
If asking about caller ID on second number vs calling out on second / third / forth number, you have to call OOMA and pay them $20 to get a different caller ID attached to the second number. It takes 7-10 business days.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:33 am

EA PA wrote:If asking about caller ID on second number vs calling out on second / third / forth number, you have to call OOMA and pay them $20 to get a different caller ID attached to the second number. It takes 7-10 business days.
Achhhh. After a third cup of coffee, I reread the original post and found it did not contain the "to" that I thought I saw first time around. Thanks EA PA. Your answer makes more sense than mine for the OP. However, the ** codes might help someone else.
Lifetime Premier Member

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 am

its Saturday... ;)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:56 pm

EA PA wrote:
southsound wrote:
Thanx.."G"
If asking about caller ID on second number vs calling out on second / third / forth number, you have to call OOMA and pay them $20 to get a different caller ID attached to the second number. It takes 7-10 business days.
If u are wanting the callerid to be just the name on your ooma account, there is no charge.
http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 94/kw/cnam
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

George Cole

Post by George Cole » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 am

Actually my second lines caller ID shows my wife's name when used to call out. She wants it changed to something else..
I'm now thinking my telo answering machine can only respond to with one message no matter which line calls in...I'll just have to change the message to "Who are you? And what do you want? If it's important leave a message." that should cover all the bases. Ya think?
Thanks for all the help this forum is great..
George Cole

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:57 am

George Cole wrote:I'll just have to change the message to "Who are you? And what do you want? If it's important leave a message."
Or you could do like my old boss. When you called and reached his answering machine, it would say, "Hi, this is Ted. Who's this?" Then after a long pause he would laugh and say, "I'm not really here now, but if you still want to leave a message, you can do so after the tone." Caught me more than once. I was always so ticked off that I never did leave a message. :P
Lifetime Premier Member

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 am

George Cole wrote:Actually my second lines caller ID shows my wife's name when used to call out. She wants it changed to something else..
I'm now thinking my telo answering machine can only respond to with one message no matter which line calls in...I'll just have to change the message to "Who are you? And what do you want? If it's important leave a message." that should cover all the bases. Ya think?
Thanks for all the help this forum is great..
George Cole
We work around this by de-personalizing the message; "you have reached xxx-xxx-xxxx, please leave message and we will... etc. (with nice female voice). We use it for personal and business purposes and have had not problems with this approach. Although I do like the abrasive message approach :x - I dont think the bride will allow... :P