Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#77981 by George Cole
Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:54 am
I now have my second line with a it's own ring tone. I would like this second line to have it's own answering message. Is this possible? Also how do I change the caller ID on the second line?
Thanx.."G"
#77984 by murphy
Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:01 am
The only way to do that is to set up a personal device on a Telo handset and then assign the number to the personal device.
#77991 by southsound
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:12 am
George Cole wrote:How do I change the caller ID on the second line?
Thanx.."G"

You can select the second number by prefixing your dialing with **1 for the second number, **2 for the third, or **3 for the forth. If you set up your second number on a handset, then you can select your first number on that device by using **0.
#77993 by EA PA
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:18 am
southsound wrote:
Thanx.."G"

You can select the second number by prefixing your dialing with **1 for the second number, **2 for the third, or **3 for the forth. If you set up your second number on a handset, then you can select your first number on that device by using **0.

If asking about caller ID on second number vs calling out on second / third / forth number, you have to call OOMA and pay them $20 to get a different caller ID attached to the second number. It takes 7-10 business days.
#77996 by southsound
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:33 am
EA PA wrote:If asking about caller ID on second number vs calling out on second / third / forth number, you have to call OOMA and pay them $20 to get a different caller ID attached to the second number. It takes 7-10 business days.

Achhhh. After a third cup of coffee, I reread the original post and found it did not contain the "to" that I thought I saw first time around. Thanks EA PA. Your answer makes more sense than mine for the OP. However, the ** codes might help someone else.
#77997 by EA PA
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 am
its Saturday... ;)
#78030 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:56 pm
EA PA wrote:
southsound wrote:
Thanx.."G"

If asking about caller ID on second number vs calling out on second / third / forth number, you have to call OOMA and pay them $20 to get a different caller ID attached to the second number. It takes 7-10 business days.

If u are wanting the callerid to be just the name on your ooma account, there is no charge.
http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 94/kw/cnam
#78048 by George Cole
Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 am
Actually my second lines caller ID shows my wife's name when used to call out. She wants it changed to something else..
I'm now thinking my telo answering machine can only respond to with one message no matter which line calls in...I'll just have to change the message to "Who are you? And what do you want? If it's important leave a message." that should cover all the bases. Ya think?
Thanks for all the help this forum is great..
George Cole
#78049 by southsound
Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:57 am
George Cole wrote:I'll just have to change the message to "Who are you? And what do you want? If it's important leave a message."

Or you could do like my old boss. When you called and reached his answering machine, it would say, "Hi, this is Ted. Who's this?" Then after a long pause he would laugh and say, "I'm not really here now, but if you still want to leave a message, you can do so after the tone." Caught me more than once. I was always so ticked off that I never did leave a message. :P
#78059 by EA PA
Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 am
George Cole wrote:Actually my second lines caller ID shows my wife's name when used to call out. She wants it changed to something else..
I'm now thinking my telo answering machine can only respond to with one message no matter which line calls in...I'll just have to change the message to "Who are you? And what do you want? If it's important leave a message." that should cover all the bases. Ya think?
Thanks for all the help this forum is great..
George Cole

We work around this by de-personalizing the message; "you have reached xxx-xxx-xxxx, please leave message and we will... etc. (with nice female voice). We use it for personal and business purposes and have had not problems with this approach. Although I do like the abrasive message approach :x - I dont think the bride will allow... :P