Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#76205 by murphy
Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:22 pm
If it has been at least 10 business days since you activated the unit, call customer support.
#76207 by EA PA
Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:30 pm
I had cust service them change one of my numbers - they told me it takes 7-10 bus days - but it was shorter than that in my case - like 5 days - its got changed no problem

In fact - I watched for the change in the website below -

http://tnid.us/
#76271 by EA PA
Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:18 pm
nextbond wrote:Does the temp number OOMA provides also change its caller id to your name after 10 days?

In my case, I did not port number. I got 2 numbers through OOMA. Only the numbers showed on OB calls. I called OOMA back and asked them to supplement name with number on one of the 2 numbers. They had to coordinate this with the CLEC I presume. A few days later, I saw the name pop up on the website noted above and then shortly after I tested and the name / number showed up on OB calls. No problem. :cool:
#76284 by EA PA
Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:23 pm
Hmm - maybe I did not wait long enough... interesting that I did not get charged the 20 bucks to customize the 1 number though (I don't think). strange that there are all these CNAM databases that are privately owned that somehow equalize over time. Also strange that OOMA processed the change to the 1 number an 5 days later it was done. However, I still do not see the name associated with the original number - Ill have to test and re-post. I was testing previously with my old land line with caller ID. However, I have disconnected to put in OOMA. Ill have to find someone else who actually pays for the service!!!
#76294 by EA PA
Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:01 am
Well it looks like I spoke too soon. I was indeed charged the 20 bucks to provision the name change in my second number. I was not told on the phone either. :o

Wow - Ill have to do some research before I call them next time.... No wonder it got changed so fast..... It would be nice to tell the user that they are about to incur a charge..