Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75285 by ConnieIL
Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:57 am
Does anyone have any experience with the new Optimus with Virgin Mobile, and ooma mobile? I hesitate to shell out $10 on an app that isn't getting good reviews. I am a premier member, and would love the 250 minutes as a cushion to my 300 monthly VM minutes. :?
#75441 by Lilly's_Closet
Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 am
After testing the ooma Android HD application for about 3 weeks on two different android phones (using 2 different OOMA accounts) on both the ATT and Verizon network, It’s my opinion that this app is not ready for prime time.

The application freezes at least five times a day and restarts itself and the call quality is horrible. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10727

Save your money and buy two Dixie cups, some wax, and a length of thread. This configuration will of course limit your range but your call quality will be dramatically better than if you were to use the Ooma Android Application to place your call.
Attachments
Bigstock_131233.jpg
Bigstock_131233.jpg (18.13 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
#75554 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:36 am
ConnieIL wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the new Optimus with Virgin Mobile, and ooma mobile? I hesitate to shell out $10 on an app that isn't getting good reviews. I am a premier member, and would love the 250 minutes as a cushion to my 300 monthly VM minutes. :?

The Optimus V is supposed to be almost identical to the Optimus S (Sprint's version).
See: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2833
As I recall, the only difference between these two units is that the V does not provide for the Sprint ID option. (Some commentators have been underwhelmed by the Sprint ID packages.... nice idea, but...
See, http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/arti ... l#page3288 )

ConnieIL wrote:I am a premier member, and would love the 250 minutes as a cushion to my 300 monthly VM minutes. :?

I've thought about the same thing... assuming you are already a Premier member, it is like getting 550 minutes of talk time, plus unlimited texts, data, web, etc. for $25 per month. Make that 1550 minutes of talk time for another $5. What's not to love?
#75594 by ConnieIL
Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 pm
After spending a little time scouring the android market, there seems to be several free apps I might try. Given the fact I am a premier member, the $10 charge for whatever the reason, seems high. Given the fact it doesn't work, an insult.

The ooma reviews on the android market are pretty dismal, and the dixie cup solutions seems more reliable. What is going on here...and what were they thinking???? Really not a good move by ooma, reputation wise.