Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75186 by krofchik
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am
Hi! Newbie here. I recently hooked up Ooma to a Uverse DSL line that was split from an AT&T phone/internet line (separate accounts/bills for landline and Uverse). I will be porting the landline number to Ooma tomorrow and would like to distribute the Ooma dialtone throughout the house. That said, I would like to confirm connections.

Currently, I have my Ooma in one room with my modem and router all connected together using the following path: wall jack / DSL filter (splitter w/"DSL/HPNA" and "Phone" jacks) / modem / Ooma / wireless router. I also have a cordless phone plugged into the Ooma. The house has 2 other phones and a Dish network tuner connected to the wall, all 3 using a DSL filter.

I'm hoping that all I have to do is connect the "Wall" jack on the Ooma to the "Phone" jack on the DSL filter/splitter and be done. Fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance for you help!
#75190 by murphy
Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 am
You need to provide considerably more detail on your building wiring.
The Wall port is only used for landline integration. It does not provide dialtone.

The ideal situation is to run your incoming DSL line only to your DSL modem and no where else.
A DSL filter is not needed in this situation.

All other jacks are isolated from all external connections and connected together and to the Phone port of the Ooma box.
Get rid of all of the DSL filters.
#75254 by krofchik
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:08 pm
murphy, thanks for quick response.

I thought I had given a lot of detail. What kind of information do you need? Don't I still need to connect the Ooma to the modem to get the internet feed? And what about the Dish tuner connection?