Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75215 by EA PA
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 pm
you win :!:
#75557 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 am
highq wrote:Can I enter this contest? I'll be 79 this coming Sunday.ZZ

Oh yeah... my mom is 86... and LOVES her Ooma system! Me? Well, let's just say I'm closer to southsound than WayneDSR.
#75558 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:15 am
EA PA wrote:Very soon, I intend to finally make the break with my beloved landline company. I am going to permanently cut over into my house wiring soon.

I will most likely have a wired phone base with wireless handset on my desk for use and I want to add a high quality headset to the configuration, wireless would be best.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good quality wired phone base with wireless phone / comfortable wireless headset or equiv :?:

This is what I use at my desk: Plantronics T20 http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/t20 Not wireless, but a two line headset phone that works very well. Available online for under $80. If you want a wireless or cordless unit that allows you to roam around, use a splitter or consider the Plantronics Calisto Pro; a single line unit similar to the CT14 except the headset is wireless. See: http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/c ... mc_id=1275 I have two of these units, but find that I seldom use them as I rarely roam from my desk when I am working.
#75562 by EA PA
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:49 am
OOMG - thanks for the ideas. These are for my bride. She does a lot of work at the desk and I have had all the networking "stuff" and OOMA / telo etc. littered all over her desk for easy access to tune all the gizmos and settings. I was thinking that after this is said and done with, it would be nice to have a good quality headset to try and smooth over the transition to the subtleties of VOIP, however she is happy at this point :D and backflips!

I'm done installing all the cable, wall outlets, UPS and stuff and am moving all my networking gear and VOIP stuff to their permanent locations this weekend. Hopefully everything will go smooth and Ill be back up shortly. I am satisfied after intensive use this week that OOMA will work at 100% - unfortunately it requires *99 for every call. Maybe as time goes on the remaining issues will get worked out. Without *99 on local calls, I still lose about 10 to 15% of the calls due to I / they can’t hear me issues. But *99 does the trick every time. I did notice last evening that my OOMA decided to boot by itself - I have a sneaking suspicion that Dr OOMA downloaded the new code to me last night. Maybe....

I am sure that I will learn another few lessons here after I activate all of the gaming stations / theaters / and internet connections throughout the house. I am pretty confident a this point though.

As far as waking up to VOIP – I’m with you. It seems like I went sleep with an Apple 2C on my desk and had to program it using Gbasic or something to make my own apps a few... years back, just woke up and now every gizmo I get comes with a 200 page text book, including a simple cell phone! and Oh lets not forget the user forum with lots of great help!

Thanks again Ill take a look at these