Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74630 by DawnW
Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 pm
My husband travels overseas for work and I have traveled overseas without him. In the past we just email the hotel numbers and call from our home Ooma (or previously Vonage) phone.

So, he leaves in a few weeks for S. America and I am wondering if he can call me for free using an Ooma app? We don't have the premium service and so he would be using our number to call our number.....would this work? Or would he need to call my cell to talk to me? If he needs to call my cell it would still be just .019 cents per min, correct?

Thanks,

Dawn
#74631 by ntoy
Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 pm
Hello Dawn,

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/163

How much do calls made from Ooma Mobile cost? How can Ooma Mobile save me money?

Calls to any Ooma number are free when you use the Ooma Mobile app. Calls to other U.S. phone numbers are 1.9¢ per minute, with charges coming out of your pay-as-you-go account to ensure that you never go over your budget. By switching your phone calls to Ooma Mobile when you have a Wi-Fi or 3G data connection, you can dramatically reduce the number of cellular minutes you need, allowing you to switch to a cheaper cell phone plan with fewer minutes.
#74641 by DawnW
Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 am
Thank you. I did read that.

However, what I still don't understand is, Can you call your own number?

Dawn