Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:56 pm
I am thinking of getting one of these, but have a few questions.
I am planning on pairing this with my Viewsonic G Tablet running a custom rom so that it appears to be a phone.
If I pair these 2 devices, will be able to answer incoming calls on my gtab that are coming in on my ooma number?
Is this only for devices that already have a phone number?
How car from the bluetooth adapter can my tablet be?
- Posts: 9337
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
- Location: Greater Seattle
The 2 kinds of devices this feature is meant for are cellphones and bluetooth headsets. Only 1 can be used at a time (be on a call).
- Cellphones: Ooma Telo would act as a bluetooth headset so you can answer your cell phone calls using Telo (via phones or handsets connected to your Telo).
- Bluetooth headsets: Bluetooth headsets are used to answer Telo calls as if Telo is a cellphone.
Unless your tablet can act as either a cellphone (able to receive incoming calls and able to pair with a bluetooth headset) or a bluetooth headset (be able to pair with a cellphone or other devices using bluetooth headset protocol), it won't work.
As far as bluetooth range, I think it is roughly 30 feet.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!