Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74208 by frannella
Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 pm
Hi--am a new Telo customer. With my old AT&T I had an unlisted telephone number and caller ID blocked. I want the same with Telo service. All Telo custormers are unlisted, but how do I prevent the people or organizations I call from seeing my name or phone number? Thanks, Wanna Be Totally Anonymous
#74209 by southsound
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 pm
frannella wrote:Thanks, Wanna Be Totally Anonymous

Not totally possible with ooma. You can go to my.ooma.com and in Preferences/Privacy select block outgoing caller ID but be aware that if you call law enforcement, 911 or even and 800 number, your number will not be blocked (the same was true with ATT). If you are just wanting to avoid most people from seeing your CID, then selecting the block will be great.

If you have nefarious things in mind, then you need to either purchase a spoof card from a company that provides cloaking or use techniques I won't disclose to perform a similar result. Better to purchase a cheap thowaway cell with cash from a store without security cameras if you want to do something that requires anonyminity.

Note: I'm involved in a great jail ministry on Tuesdays in Mason County, WA so maybe I'll see you there someday if you're local.
Last edited by southsound on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#74210 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 pm
You should be able to configure Ooma's caller id block at https://my.ooma.com/privacy

This is under Preferences - Privacy.

Can be configured to be blocked by default (dial *82 to enable per-call) or to be shown by default (dial *67 to block per-call).