Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74053 by Rachel23
Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am
I also found my internet speeds to be fine. I did the phonepower connection speed test - jitter 2 ms, packet loss 0%, MOSscore 3.9, down 7.18 Mbps, Up 341 kbps, quality of service 90%.

I used another speed test here that gave download of 15 - hmm -, will see if it copies

I can call OUTSIDE my area code without a glitch - I can hear the person right away. It is the local calls that continue to have delay in audio for 8-10 seconds.

Other topics are posted in these forums for recent similar sounding problems. Sounds like a central problem but I am no techie and just want to be able to call my buddies! :?
#74136 by hisownfool
Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:41 am
It's me again, and I've reached the end of my tether. If ooma could give us an estimate of when the problem might be resolved, I would probably be willing to wait it out but this "trust us, we know about the problem" approach is asking too much of its customers.
#74139 by Rachel23
Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 am
Another forum here had someone advise dialing *99 before dialing the phone number - it worked for me (once so far) yeah!! So if that helps anyone until the problem is fixed. :)
#74175 by RLS
Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm
My outgoing calls across town, Portland Oregon 503 area code, are now delayed as much as 17 seconds. This delay issue is not getting any better, if anything it is getting worse. I haven't heard anything from Ooma recently on this, I am upset that the Ooma doesn't work and it seems that Ooma either isn't going to do anthing about it or they simply can't do anthing about it. I know how sometimes things happen and companies do everthing they can to fix the problems, like Microsoft and the three rings of death Xbox farce. If this is the case with Ooma and you guys are actually working on this then please let us know, so that we don't give up on you. Otherwise we have no alternative but to give up on you and buy something that actually works. :cry:
#74177 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:38 pm
RLS wrote:I tried the 99 prefix fix and it doesn't work for me.

*99?

ntoy wrote:I believe this is related to the delay issue engineering is working on. Any luck with (*99+cellnumber)?
#74178 by RLS
Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm
I tried the *99 prefix and it did work. Modirator, what gives? Why would dialing a *99 prefix work, why and how do we know to do this? Who came up with this work around? I will try using this for a few days and see if it works all the time. After dialing *99 I get another dial tone. What is that dial tone? Who am I routing my call through by using *99 prefix? :?:
#74179 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 pm
I am not a moderator but I'll try to answer your questions.

You enable high bandwidth codec G711 (3x higher bandwidth than normal iLBC) when sending fax by using dialing prefix *99.

Seemingly, this issue folks are experiencing has something to do with iLBC (normal codec Ooma uses). I suppose for the folks that are experiencing this issue, use the *99 prefix until Ooma says they fixed it.

sputnik1951 reported this as a temporary workaround suggested by Ooma support: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10601&start=20#p74099

With fax mode enabled, you may hear more echo as echo cancellation is disabled in this mode.

Info on sending & receiving fax and more in this Ooma Hub vs. Ooma Telo thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9245#p64442
#74180 by RLS
Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm
Well after doing a web search I discovered a Ooma forum on *99. This forum is all about faxing. I also discovered that *99 is used for getting faxes through Vonage/AT&T. FYI :!:
#74188 by RLS
Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm
Thanks for the info lbmofo. I see you have had your Ooma since 3/10. I have only had mine for about a month now and it has never worked all day without issues like; echoing, dropped calls, outbound calls not connecting etc. Help me out here lbmofo, your Ooma must be working for you or you would have stopped using it by now. I need some encouragement to tread these Ooma waters and keep holding out faith for a system that eventually works. In your opinion does Ooma have a system that works? Are all these problems just an aboration or is the Ooma system broken beyond repair? :?: