Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73883 by RLS
Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:22 pm
A level two tech just told me that this is a system wide issue and the they are working on it. That it is not a user issue and that nothing can be done at our end to fix this. He said they "knew about it before today, but that before it was only occasionally" delaying the outbound call's inbound Hello etc.. Now it is happening much more often so they are paying attention to it and are activly working on it today and until it is fixed. Let us hope that they can fix it soon. I too have been putting up with all the various issue over the last few months, only because it works okay about 80% of the time. Now it has a problem with every outbound call. I am in the 503 area code, where are all of you calling from? The techs need to know what areas are working and what areas are effected. If you call techincal support they will want to know what numbers you are calling. They will ask for three numbers you recently called. I am using the Ooma number 1-866-522-6662 to test for the delay. When I call that number and experience the delay all I hear is "for the next available operator." When the phone doesn't experience delay, I hear "Hold for the next available operator." If you call this number you can tell how much of the call you are missing. This delay for my case is just enough so that when someone answers and says "hello" I don't hear them. Then I am left wondering if someone answered, so I say "hello, is someone there", and sometimes they are there and sometimes I have to repeat myself several times before they respond. What a hassle! Before I put up this post I check the Ooma main support heading that should post current problems with the system so that those of us on the forum are made aware that they are in the know about our issue. As this time they did not disclose the system wide issue this forum is talking about. :cry:
#73886 by Zindar
Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 pm
So you're saying only certain area codes are affected, and not everybody? I confess I don't know if it affects me, because I don't make many outgoing calls, and haven't made any lately at my house. Maybe I'll test this out later to see if it affects me. It would be interesting to know exactly how widespread this problem is.
#73887 by RLS
Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:18 pm
It would be useful for Ooma to let us know what the voice recording prompt at the Ooma number (1-866-522-6662) actually is. So far as I have been able to tell the best I can hear is "hold for the next available operator". However most of the time I only hear "for the next available operator". For all I know the whole message could be "Please hold for the next available operator". Can one of the moderators please call that number and report back to us just what that number says. This way we can all be calling the same number and therefore assess the situation more uniformly? :?:
#73893 by highq
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:49 pm
Calling 866-522-6662 I hear something altogether different:
Some musical tones, then "thank you for calling ooma", then a standard boilerplate message to "listen closely... our options have changed..."
#73895 by RLS
Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 pm
Thanks for following up on this post. That is interesting, I don't understand why you would get a different message all together when dialing the same number as I am. Did the whole message play? I know it is hard to tell just what is missing. Are you having trouble with outbound calls?
#73898 by ntoy
Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:49 pm
RLS wrote:It would be useful for Ooma to let us know what the voice recording prompt at the Ooma number (1-866-522-6662) actually is. So far as I have been able to tell the best I can hear is "hold for the next available operator". However most of the time I only hear "for the next available operator". For all I know the whole message could be "Please hold for the next available operator". Can one of the moderators please call that number and report back to us just what that number says. This way we can all be calling the same number and therefore assess the situation more uniformly? :?:

Hello,

We apologize! This was a live number at one time used for our marketing promotions. You may want to call our support line for support instead or our sales line for sales.
#73899 by RLS
Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:05 pm
ntoy wrote:
RLS wrote:It would be useful for Ooma to let us know what the voice recording prompt at the Ooma number (1-866-522-6662) actually is. So far as I have been able to tell the best I can hear is "hold for the next available operator". However most of the time I only hear "for the next available operator". For all I know the whole message could be "Please hold for the next available operator". Can one of the moderators please call that number and report back to us just what that number says. This way we can all be calling the same number and therefore assess the situation more uniformly? :?:

Hello,

We apologize! This was a live number at one time used for our marketing promotions. You may want to call our support line for support instead or our sales line for sales.

I got the number off your website. I later and am now using 888-711-6662 for technical support. This number 888-711-6662 is answered quickly everytime I call it. Which is everyday now because my Ooma is not working properly. Would it not be of some importance to have a number we could call to test the system for "lag"? If you were to assign a "test for lag" number that has a recorded voice prompt that said "one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve," etc... then those of us who have lag on our lines can better report just how much of our calles are being truncated by your service. We woulld be able to report that we had say a 5 second delay because when we called the number the first word we heard was "five". The only reason I recommended the 1-866-522-6662 number was because I can call it over and over to help determine just how much lag I am getting. Since there is no one there to answer the phone anyway it doesn't bother someone by calling it just to test the lag. After all, as I have tried to make changes to my Ooma configurations in a futile effort to remedy the situation, I needed to call someone over and over again to see if those changes made any difference. As I understand it now there really is nothing I can do but wait for your technicians to solve the issue. I thought that those technicians may want more data to use to trouble shoot the issue and that is why I posted the "try this number" post.
#73902 by ntoy
Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:09 pm
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, our engineering team has captured data for analysis. We are further investigating
changes from our carriers as well. We will update once we have information.
#73985 by Oomaboy
Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:40 am
OK this problem appears to be the one I just made a thread for. BTW I'm in the 585 area code and calling 585 numbers, though the one I have most often had the problem with is calling a 315 area code. However, I said "they cannot hear us". Here it appears to be that ooma users cannot hear them. Maybe my wife has it reversed, though.

ntoy, please continue to keep us apprised. We really need to know this is being addressed expeditiously.