Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73712 by Rachel23
Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:15 pm
Hello! Have used Ooma a couple of months and so far doing well. The past day we have had trouble with outgoing 7 digit numbers. I get the dial tone, dial, and then the phone rings about 6 times. Then silence OR a strange buzzing sound. If I wait about 10 seconds, then sometimes I can hear the person I called. I need to "talk to the silence" to tell the person I am calling to wait a moment since I cannot hear them say "hello hello" ... then about 10 seconds later we can talk to one another. Weird. I have tried dialing the local numbers as 11 digits using 1 and area code, does not work. I do not have 10 digit dialing enabled. I spoke to customer service for some time today and they had me reset power to the telo a couple of times. Still no better. The incoming calls work fine. CS said they would bump this up to engineering level support and email me back. So hopefully I will hear from them in the next couple of days. I use charter internet but I have not called them since I figured it was more a problem with the voip. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar situation and any advice?
Last edited by Rachel23 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#73719 by cigman
Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 pm
I am experiencing the same problem. I had 10 digit dialing enabled and disabled but also had several calls it would ring but once it stopped ringing I could not hear anything.
#73725 by RLS
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm
I too am having the exact same problem. I tried to call Ooma support and after waiting on hold for about 10 minutes the call was dropped. :cry:
#73726 by jblock312
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm
me too - I could hear the person start to answer, and then nothing. This happened several times. Was able to call with my cell phone.
This was only with one phone exchange - all other calls were normal.
#73728 by Rachel23
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm
Well, I guess something is going on - hopefully it is fixed soon. We are having some calls drop now during the middle of the call which is also new. If anyone gets through to higher tech support and has something specific done to their device, please update here for the rest of us :)
#73733 by hisownfool
Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:36 pm
I have been having the same problem today. I've put up with ooma's quirks -- the failure to connect, lost connections, occasional echoes, etc. -- but I'm now at the point where I'm considering selling my Telo on ebay and cutting my losses. I called tech support four times: the first time the guy told me to unplug the unit (duh!). After a while he escalated me where I was on hold (on my prepaid cell) for 22 minutes. I hung up and called again. After an apology, I was told that this time I would quickly speak to a level 2 tech. After ten more minutes, I hung up. Called again and told to call me this time. They promised I would be called within the hour. An hour and a half later, I called back and said, "call me tomorrow." She went on about how important customer satisfaction is to ooma.

We'll see. If they don't call back, the Telo is going up on Ebay or Amazon Marketplace and I will spread the negative word.

I can put up with the quirks associated with VOIP but this is ridiculous! I'm hoping that there's some kind of widespread problem because I really don't want to go through the hassle of finding another phone company and I want ooma to succeed. But I've had too many bad experiences with mediocre (pardon my saying so) outsourced off-shored support.
#73747 by hisownfool
Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 am
I'm happy to say that ooma support did call me. Now, it's still far from clear why I'm having trouble placing outgoing calls but not receiving incoming calls. They are still in the fact-gathering stage.
#73760 by hackerguy
Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am
I have been having the same problem for the last few days. I hope it is fixed soon. At least, I am glad to know that it is not just a problem with my system.
#73836 by Rachel23
Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 am
Still no audio for 1st 10 seconds (after ringing stops) of outbound calls - people hang up on me unless I say "hello - hello - wait a second - hello - hello" and then I can find out if someone has picked up or not. Customer service has not provided the higher tech support yet. Wish I could get it fixed.